Calvin and Hobbes was a hugely funny and inspiring comic strip that ran from 1985 to 1995, drawn by the notoriously reclusive Bill Waterson. Since 1995 Bill has only done 1 interview and 1 piece of artwork (for charity) which is pretty sad considering the clever wit running around that guys noodle. Check out some of the greatness that is Calvin and Hobbes below.
- We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.
- Life’s disappointments are harder to take when you don’t know any swear words
- I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.
- Who was the first guy that look at a cow and said,” I think that I’ll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?
- Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
- Girls are like slugs. They serve some purpose but it’s hard to imagine what.
- Calvin: I’m a genius, but I’m a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: What’s misunderstood about you?
Calvin: Nobody thinks I’m a genius.
- Hobbes : What are you doing?
Calvin : Being cool.
Hobbes : You look more like you’re bored.
Calvin : The world bores you when you’re cool.
- Calvin : You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.
- Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?