Some parents can be a little weird or hippies or mischevious and when they are, you get some pretty terrible baby names. This article comes from a recent conversation I had with a teacher who tried to get twins from her school forcefully name changed… their names? Alien and Predator, nice work there parents.
- Pilot Inspektor – Son of Actor Jason Lee, star of ‘My Name is Earl’, Mr Inspector is going to have a lot of explaining to do as he grows up… especially if he doesn’t become a pilot inspector.
- Kal-El - Son of Nicolas Cage this poor kid has his name based on Superman’s original birth name… actually that sounds pretty cool.
- Apple - Son of Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow this lovely little girl is sure to grow up happy and rich, though the question now becomes what other fruit based names are popular. A quick google search shows: Cherry, Clementine, Peach and Orange. Of if you’re feeling unusual how about a nice italian name: Tomato.
- D’Artagnan – Not so unusual if you’re French, but English and American kids have frequently been subjected to this awful and hard to spell baby name. It’s based on ‘The Three Musketeers’ books and movies.
- Frank Zappa’s Kids: Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Dweezil and Moon Unit – Everyone has heard of Frank Zappa’s daughter Moon Unit, but what about his other kids. Poor Mrs Muffin barely gets a mention.
- Tu Morrow - Today we can attribute this pretty awful baby name to actor Rob Morrow the star of TV show Numb3rs.
- Brooklyn, Ireland, Memphis, London, Dakota - Why put all that effort into thinking when you can just open a geography book and point. Here we have a selection of celebrity awful baby names, named after places.
- Adolf Hitler Campbell - Awww talk about a sad story, poor little 3 year old Hitler wasn’t allowed his name of his own birthday cake at the supermarket. His 2 year old sister ‘JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell’ was also upset about it… scary family. Read The Story
- Enzo - And just to show you can have an absolutely cool name, Enzo is a popular French name which also happens to be a 12 cylinder, carbon fibre, F1 styled, 355.6 km/h (221 mph) top speed Ferrari!